We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Any admission tickets are issued to individuals on the day of excursion. Full details of the arrangements for each trip will be advised to customers around a week beforehand.
Please note the details below refer to Day Excursions. Full details of terms and conditions for short breaks of 2 or more days may be found at www.ictravel.co.uk or upon request.
- Coach seats are not specifically reserved unless requested. There are limited spaces for each trip and are sold on a first come first served basis.
- Where applicable, excursions are fully inclusive of any admission cost.
- Bookings are not confirmed until the payment as detailed per booking has been received. Payments may be made by cheque (payable to IC Travel) to IC Travel, Unit 4, Beech Avenue, Taverham, Norwich NR8 6HW, Paypal to email@example.com or request details to pay by bank transfer. Bookings may also be made by telephone with Visa/Mastercard or via www.ictravel.co.uk A receipt will be sent by return.
- Any provisional booking made will be cancelled after fourteen days if payment has not been received.
- Pick up points include Costessey, Drayton, Thickthorn Services, Dereham, Attleborough, Wymondham & Thetford dependent upon destination.
- Most excursions are accompanied by an IC Travel representative throughout the trip.
- Where IC Travel consider appropriate, excursions will include refreshment breaks on outward and return journeys. In addition, a small range of snacks and drinks may be purchased on the coach
- We will always use our reasonable endeavours to provide a coach to any specification described in our brochure or advertisement but reserve the right to substitute an alternative vehicle. There is a seating plan of the coach, but it is possible that on occasions operational reasons will require a coach of a different size or configuration to be used. We therefore reserve the right to alter a coach-seating plan and allocate seats other than those you have booked.
- Requests for particular seats can be made on most packages when booking but because allocations are made on a first come, first served basis you are recommended to book early. When your booking is confirmed you will be offered the best seats that are available at that time. If you know someone who may want to book later but sit near you please discuss this with the member of the team at the time you make your booking.
Refunds & Exchanges/Cancellation & Postponement:
- After you have purchased a ticket it can only be cancelled and refunded if we are able to resell.
- Events are subject to cancellation or postponement by promotors for a variety of reasons. If an Event is cancelled or postponed we will try to contact you to let you know about the refund or exchange procedures for that Event. However, it is your responsibility to ascertain whether an Event has been cancelled or re-scheduled and the date and time of any Event or any rescheduled Event.
- You will be entitled to a full refund including booking fees if an Event is cancelled by promotors and is not rescheduled, or you are unable to attend the rescheduled Event. Please see the exception if there is a “material” change to an Event, as explained in the section below or as a result of ‘force majeure’.
- If an Event was due to take place over several days and only part of the entire Event is cancelled, you may only be entitled to a partial refund, corresponding to the number of day(s) cancelled as a proportion of the overall Event.
- If an outdoor Event is cancelled in whole or in part or finishes early due to adverse weather, no refund will be available unless specifically permitted under the Event Terms.
- A “material” change is a change to an Event which in the reasonable opinion of IC Travel or the ticket supplier, makes the Event materially different to the Event which purchasers of the Ticket could reasonably expect. Changes to performance times, supporting acts and the use of understudies in a theatre performance will not be a material change.
- The nature of coach travel means that the needs of all passengers have to be considered with, with comfort and safety being paramount. Please therefore note the following:
- Neither the coach company nor IC Travel can accept responsibility for any travel delays incurred for any reason, nor failure of transport and any resultant losses. This includes cancellation of travel or excursions as a result of ‘Force Majeure’ which may present a high level of risk to the safety of customers and staff. In such cases no refunds are payable but every effort will be made to apply any recoverable costs to another trip. Any such decision is made as a last resort after consultation with a number of professional bodies such as police. Force Majeure means an event which we or the supplier(s) of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid and is therefore an event beyond our or the supplier’s reasonable control. These events include but are not limited to strikes, riots, political/civil unrest, government acts, hostilities, war, threat of war, terrorist activity or threat of terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, disease, fire, flood, tornadoes, hurricanes, transportation problems, airport closures, and severe weather conditions. We suggest that you take out adequate travel insurance to cover such eventualities.
THIS SECTION IS IMPORTANT AS IT SETS OUT THE LIMITS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY
Disclaimer and limitations of liability
- IC Travel sells Tickets on behalf of Ticket Suppliers and has no responsibility for, and no liability in connection with, the Events to which the Tickets relate, or in connection with the content, quality, cancellation, postponement or any other aspect of any Event, other than as set out in these Terms.
- If we breach our obligations to you under these Terms or we are negligent and, as a result, you suffer any loss or damage in connection with the purchase of Tickets via IC Travel, you may be entitled to claim that loss from us, but:
- We will only be liable for your loss or damage up to an amount equal to the face value of the relevant Tickets together with all booking charges, delivery charges and other sums paid by you to us in respect of such Tickets; and
- We will not be liable to you for loss or expenses incurred in connection with the Event itself, or its cancellation, such as the cost of any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made in connection with the Event or as a result of its cancellation.
- If you wish to cancel your excursion booking before the travel date then a refund of any monies paid will only be made if the booking can be resold. This amount may however be less than that originally paid if a reduced price sale is made. Any refunds made in respect of cancellations by customers will be subject to a 2% (Min £5.00) administration charge.
- IC Travel reserves the right to cancel an excursion at any time. In the event of cancellation by IC Travel, any monies which have been paid will be either refunded in full or transferred to a future booking (but see below).
- Customer safety is paramount. If by travelling, the safety of customers and staff is considered at risk as a result of ‘Force Majeure’ (see above), then the excursion may be cancelled on professional advice which may result in the loss of all or part of the money paid by the customer. IC Travel will endeavour to transfer any recoverable costs to an alternative trip. Customers are advised to consider taking travel insurance to cover such situations.
- IC Travel shall not be responsible for any customer failing to board the coach at their allotted time or when instructed by the driver/courier. Any additional travel costs incurred by the customer in those circumstances are not refundable.
- The itinerary described may be changed/amended without notice
- Smoking including e-cigarettes is strictly prohibited on the coach.
- It is a legal requirement for passengers to wear seat belts in coaches. All children must occupy a seat in the coach and pay any coach fee due. Coach trips are unsuitable for children under the age of 5.
OUR TRADING CHARTER WITH YOU
- Does this Trading Charter Apply to My Booking?
Yes, if you are booking a “package” to which the ‘The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018’ apply and which does not comprise a flight, but not otherwise.
In brief, those Regulations apply to a booking of at least two of the following components when sold or offered for sale at an inclusive price and when the service covers a period of more than twenty-four hours or includes overnight accommodation:-
- Other tourist services not ancillary to transport or accommodation and accounting for a significant proportion of the package.
- Why should I read this?
Because it is very important. Our Trading Charter forms a key part of our agreement with you because it not only comprises the booking terms and conditions for the booking of your package, but also the Consumer Guarantee (described below) from Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC providing protection for the money you pay to us for the booking should we go out of business. Both the booking terms and conditions and the Consumer Guarantee, together with the confirmation of booking we give you at the time we commit to your booking for you, together make up the legally binding contract between you as the lead name making the booking, anyone else in your party and us.
When you make this booking as the lead name you undertake that you are 18 and have the authority to accept, and do accept, on behalf of your party the terms of this Trading Charter. This contract is made subject to the terms of this Trading Charter, which are governed by English Law, and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. However, if you are resident in Scotland or Northern Ireland, you are able to choose the law and courts in your country, but if you wish to do so we would ask you to request this before placing your booking.
This Trading Charter and the Consumer Guarantee will not apply to any booking involving any type of flight. Instead, if you are booking a holiday which includes a flight, you will be supplied with the full booking conditions of the ATOL holder arranging your holiday with whom you have a contract. Your booking agent will have a copy or alternatively you can request one prior to booking your holiday from.
- How and when do I make this contract with you?
We welcome you making contact with us in a number of ways. You can write to us, phone us, email, or visit our website. Whichever way you contact us, the contract is made when your booking is entered on to our reservation system and we issue a confirmation of booking. We will send you,
the confirmation of your booking within 7 working days. Please check this confirmation very carefully to ensure all the information is correct and tell us, immediately of any errors.
- How is my money for the package I book protected?
Your money is protected by the Consumer Guarantee described below and provided to you by Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC . This is possible because we subscribe to the Code of Conduct of Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC which requires us to take out a bond from a financial entity in favour of the Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC for it to use to provide protection for your package money in the unlikely event that, for financial reasons, we can’t carry out our booking obligations to you.
- Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC
Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC guarantees to you that in the event of our failure through insolvency to provide your package as booked, Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC PLC will:
5.1 wherever possible, arrange for your package to be completed;
5.2 where failure occurs after your package has begun, arrange for you and those in your party covered by the booking to be returned by an appropriate means of transport to their UK area of departure;
5.3 If the package cannot be completed as booked, to reimburse your booking payments received by us, provided that Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC will first take in to account and withhold an appropriate amount if any part of the service has already been provided (including any substituted service) or you are entitled to a refund from your credit card provider.
In the event that you are to be reimbursed under the Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC consumer guarantee, you will be asked to assign absolutely to Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC any right, claim or cause of action which you may have arising out of or connected with the subject matter and will be asked to assist Towergate Chapman Stevens through Zurich Insurance PLC in any claim brought by them connected with the subject matter.
- Payments by Credit Card
If you made payment for the booking of any services using a credit card it is likely in many circumstances that you have recourse against the credit card company in the event of services not being supplied in whole or in part due to the supplier’s financial failure. In those circumstances, you will be advised to check that you have exhausted your remedies against the credit card company.
- When do I need to pay for my package and how much?
We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the packages that we advertise. At the time of booking you will be told the current price of the package. You can book by paying a deposit for each person named on the booking. You will be told at what point in time you will become committed to a booking, but we are not committed to the booking until such time as we provide you with our confirmation of booking. Our commitment is always conditional upon any balance being paid before the dates listed below. If you book after our balance due date you need to pay the total holiday cost at the time of your booking. If you do not pay the outstanding balance on or before the date when it is due we may cancel your booking and you will be required to pay the cancellation charges detailed below.
The date of cancellation will normally be the date we receive your confirmation in writing that you intend to cancel or 15 days after the balance due date, whichever comes first. Deposit: £100.00 per person on all coach holidays. Your balance is due at least 12 weeks prior to departure date.
Where optional items are purchased as part of the package these are payable on the balance due date except where items, such as theatre tickets, have been specifically purchased for you. In this case the cost will be payable at a separate date notified to you and will not normally be refundable unless we obtain a refund from the supplier we use.
- Can you change the price of my package after you have issued the booking confirmation?
Yes we can, but only in very limited circumstances and not within 30 days of your departure. The price of your package can be varied due to changes in:-
- Transportation costs such as fuel and/or fuel tax, ferry operator fares and tolls, embarkation or disembarkation fees at terminals;
- Exchange rates applied to the particular package booked; or
- Dues and taxes including changes in VAT or any other Government imposed charges.
In the case of any variation described above, an amount equivalent to 2% of the price of your package, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges, will be absorbed. An administration fee of £1 per person will be paid by you. If this means that you would have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the price of your package before increase, you may cancel it and receive a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges. We will consider an appropriate refund of insurance premiums paid if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy. Should you decide to cancel for this reason, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days from the issue date printed on your revised invoice. Alternatively, you can accept an offer of an alternative comparable package of equivalent or superior quality, if available, or an alternative package of lower quality, if available. You may then transfer payment made in respect of the original package to the alternative package. If the cost of the alternative package is less than the original package, the difference in price will be refunded. We will also pay compensation as set out below. Please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your package due to contractual and other protection in place.
- Can I change my package arrangements?
After we have issued our booking confirmation we will do our best to accommodate any changes you may want to make but we cannot guarantee to do so. Any changes must be notified to us in writing and signed by the person who made the original booking. If we are able to make the changes an amendment fee of £10.00 per occasion will be payable plus the cost that we incur in making the amendment. The costs of making a change increases the closer to the departure date you want to make it. Some arrangements, like particular types of tickets, cannot be changed without paying a cancellation charge of up to 100% of the cost of the ticket.
Any significant alteration after the balance due date will be treated as a cancellation of the original booking and will be subject to the cancellation charges detailed below. A significant alteration would include a change of departure date, holiday or hotel, or number of people travelling. Please note that it is not possible to transfer any holidays to the following year.
- Can I transfer my booking to someone else?
You can transfer your booking to someone else provided you give us reasonable notice. This person must be able to satisfy all the conditions for the package and a change cannot normally be made later than seven days prior to departure. We will make an administration charge of £10 per booking for every transfer we make plus any reasonable additional costs caused by the transfer. You will remain responsible for ensuring that the package is paid for by the balance due date. This is in addition to (and does not affect) the separate liability of the transferee to us.
- How can I cancel my package?
You, or any member of your party, may cancel at any time provided that the cancellation is made by the person in whose name we issued the confirmation of booking and is communicated to us in writing via the office at which you made your original booking. You will have to pay cancellation charges set out in the scale below to cover our estimated loss resulting from the cancellation. If you are insured against cancellation you may be able to recover the charges from your insurers. Your cancellation will take effect from the date when we receive your written confirmation of your cancellation. You must also return any tickets or vouchers that you have received. A reduction in room occupancy may increase the charges for the remaining passengers by the
application of supplements for low occupancy of rooms (e.g. changing a twin room
to a single)
CANCELLATIONS OCCURRING CANCELLATION CHARGE
(As a percentage of the Total Holiday cost)
More than 90 days Deposit only
89 to 45 Days Before Departure 35% or total deposit if higher
44 to 15 Days Before Departure 65%
14 to 1 Days Before Departure 100%
Departure day or later including Voluntary termination whilst on holiday 100%
Where other services are included i.e. Hotels, issue of theatre tickets, admission tickets to a particular attraction etc., refunds are subject to the conditions of the supplier.
- What happens if you change my package?
The arrangements for your package will usually have been made many months in advance. Sometimes changes are unavoidable and we reserve the right to make them at any time. Most of these changes are likely to be minor and we will do our best to keep you informed.
If, after booking and before departure, we make a significant change to your package you will have the option of withdrawing from the package without penalty or alternatively you may transfer to another package without paying an administration fee. In either case we will pay you compensation according to the scale set out below.
A significant change includes a change in departure time or return time of more than 12 hours, a change of departure point, location of resort or type of hotel, (excluding single overnight hotels on touring packages where the quality of the hotel is comparable), a change of mode when crossing the Channel.
If you withdraw from the package because we have made a significant change or if we have to cancel your package for any reason other than non-payment by you we will offer you the choice of:
- A comparable replacement package if available;
- a replacement package of lower quality together with a refund of the price difference;
- a full refund of the money you have paid.
When we have notified you of the changes and options available, you must tell us your decision as soon as possible and within any timescale we may set bearing in mind the need to safeguard the booking arrangements of other customers.
- Scale of Compensation
Period before departure in which significant Amount per person change is notified to you
More than 42 days Nil
25 – 42 days £10
15 – 24 days £15
8 – 14 days £20
0 – 7 days £25
Payment of compensation according to the scale set out above will not affect your statutory right to claim further compensation if, in all the circumstances, you remain dissatisfied.
If, prior to departure, we make a significant change to your package arrangements or cancel your package we will pay you compensation on the above scale unless:-
- the package is cancelled because the number of persons who agreed to take it is less than the minimum number required, and you were informed of the cancellation in writing within the period indicated in the description of the package; or where the performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected (for example but not limited to delay, cancellations, change of itinerary, change of accommodation, change of transport) by “Force Majeure”.
Force Majeure means an event which we or the supplier(s) of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid and is therefore an event beyond our or the supplier’s reasonable control. These events include but are not limited to strikes, riots, political/civil unrest, government acts, hostilities, war, threat of war, terrorist activity or threat of terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, disease, fire, flood, tornadoes, hurricanes, transportation problems, airport closures, and severe weather conditions. We suggest that you take out adequate travel insurance to cover such eventualities.
[In the unlikely event that the performance of our contractual obligations are prevented or affected due to Force Majeure , we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain any from our suppliers)]
Advice from the Foreign Office to avoid or leave a particular country may constitute Force Majeure. We will follow the advice given by the Foreign Office.
Payment of compensation according to the scale set out above will not affect your statutory right to claim further compensation if, in all the circumstances, you remain dissatisfied.
If, after departure, we need to make a change to a significant proportion of your package we will do our best to make suitable alternative arrangements at no extra cost to you. If it proves impossible to make suitable alternative arrangements, or if you have reasonable grounds for refusing the alternative offered, we will arrange transport back to your point of departure, or to an alternative location that we agree to. Unless the change is as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control (force majeure as described above), you will also be entitled to compensation.
- What is the extent of our liability?
Your package contract with us will be performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. We accept responsibility if you or customers named in the booking suffer death or personal injury, or the contractual arrangements are not provided as promised as a result of the failure of us or our agents or suppliers or the employees of each whilst acting in the course of their employment unless the failure or improper performance is due to:-
- you, or
- any of the following:
- a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel arrangements,
- unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or
- an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall
Provided that in these 3 events we would still endeavour to give prompt assistance if you are in difficulty and, if you inform us that you don’t believe you have received the contracted service, we will make prompt efforts to find appropriate solutions.
For claims which involve death or personal injury we do not impose any restriction upon our liability to the extent that it arises from our negligence.
For all other claims which do not involve personal injury or death:
- The most we will have to pay if we are liable to you is twice the price you’ve paid for your package (not including insurance premiums and amendment charges).
- Our liability will also be limited in accordance with/or in line with all relevant international convention. These include the Athens Convention (applies to transport by ship), the Berne Convention (applies to transport by rail), the Geneva Convention (applies to transport by road) and the Paris Convention (applies to accommodation). You can get copies of the relevant conventions from the Internet or from us. You should also note that these conventions limit or remove the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We will apply the limits of these Conventions to any payments to you as if we were the carrier.
The above suppliers (such as accommodation or transport providers) have their own booking conditions or conditions of carriage, and these conditions may limit or remove the relevant transport provider’s or other supplier’s liability. You can get copies of such conditions from our offices, or the offices of the relevant supplier. We will pay you in accordance with these conditions which are incorporated into the Trading Charter.
If we make any payment to you or any member of your party for death or personal injury or illness, you will be asked to assign to us or our insurers the rights you may have to take action against the person or organisation responsible for causing the death, personal injury or illness.
NB: this clause does not apply to any separate contracts that you may enter into for excursions or activities during or outside of your package.
- What do I need to do if I have to complain?
If you have a complaint during your package you should tell the driver/representative or supplier at the earliest opportunity so that they can do their utmost to resolve the problem immediately. If they are unable to resolve the problem to your satisfaction you should complete a Holiday Report Form which is available from IC Travel. You will be given a copy of this report which you should keep. If, on your return from your package, you remain dissatisfied you should write within 28 days to the company directors. In your letter you will need to quote your booking reference number, holiday number, departure date.
If you do not tell us at the earliest opportunity about a problem giving rise to your complaint we cannot take steps to investigate and rectify it at the time. We will take into account the date you first drew the problem to the attention of our driver/representative or supplier when responding to your complaint and it may affect your rights under this Trading Charter if we have not been able to investigate and remedy the situation at the time.
- Our Coaches
We will always use our reasonable endeavours to provide a coach to the specification as described in our brochure or advertisement but reserve the right to substitute an alternative vehicle should unforeseen circumstances arise. There is a seating plan of the coach for each package, but it is possible that on occasions operational reasons will require a coach with a different size or configuration to be used. We therefore reserve the right to alter a coach-seating plan and allocate seats other than those you have booked.
Requests for particular seats can be made on most packages when booking but because allocations are made on a first come, first served basis you are recommended to book early. When your booking is confirmed you will be offered the best seats that are available at that time. If you know someone who may want to book later but sit near you please discuss this with the booking clerk at the time you make your booking.
- Hotel Facilities
Some hotel facilities, such as indoor or outdoor swimming pools or leisure facilities, may from time to time be withdrawn for routine maintenance or be subject to seasonal availability. The provision of these facilities is therefore not guaranteed.
- Health & Safety during your package
In some foreign countries, standards of infrastructure, safety and hygiene may be lower than those to which we are accustomed in the UK. You should therefore exercise greater care for your own protection. Further information can be obtained from your GP or from your travel agent who can provide you with the leaflet “Health Advice for Travellers” published by the Department of Health. Some people may be at risk from discomfort or deep vein thrombosis (DVT) if they remain immobile on a journey for a long period of time. If you are planning to undertake a bus or coach journey of more than 3 hours you should consult your doctor if you have ever had DVT or pulmonary embolism, a family history of clotting conditions, cancer or treatment for cancer, a stroke, heart or lung disease or if you have had major surgery in the past 3 months. We reserve the right to refuse any booking in the absence of a doctor’s certificate confirming that you are fit to travel. During the journey we will provide comfort stops as frequently as possible. During these stops you are encouraged to get off the coach and walk around. Exercise reduces any discomfort which may be caused by periods of immobility. During any journey you should drink alcohol only in moderation as it leads to dehydration.
Assistance – due to health and safety laws, please note that our driver/escorts and other ancillary staff are not permitted to physically assist passengers on or off coaches, boats, trains etc.
- Passenger behaviour
We want all our customers to have a happy and carefree holiday. But you must remember that you are responsible for your behaviour and the effect it may have on others. If you or any member of your party is abusive or disruptive or behaves in a way which, in our reasonable opinion, could cause damage or injury to others or affect their enjoyment of their holiday, or which could damage property, we have the right, after reasonable consideration, to terminate your contract with us. If this happens we will have no further obligations or liability to you. The coach driver/representative, ship’s captain, or authorised official of other means of transport is entitled to refuse you boarding if in their reasonable opinion you are unacceptably under the influence of drink or drugs or you are being violent or disruptive. If you are refused boarding on the outward journey we will regard it as a cancellation by you and we will apply cancellation charges according to the scale set out above. If the refusal is on the return journey we have the right to terminate the contract and will have no further obligations or liability to you.
- No smoking policy
Smoking is not permitted on our coaches. This includes the use of e-cigarettes.
We do not allow pets to taken on our packages. Registered Assistance Dogs will normally be accommodated on UK packages but not on overseas packages.
- Pick up point, itineraries, travel documents and passport
You are responsible for ensuring that you are at the correct departure point, at the correct time, with the correct documents and we cannot be held liable for any loss or expense suffered by you or your party because of an incorrect passport or late arrival at the departure point.
If you are a British citizen travelling outside the United Kingdom you must have a full UK passport valid for a minimum of three months after your scheduled date of return. Non-UK citizens must seek passport and visa advice from the relevant consulates or embassies of the countries you plan to visit prior to making a booking for one of our packages (and you are advised to check with the relevant consulate or embassy to ensure you allow sufficient time before your departure to apply for a visa). The name on the passport must match the name on the ticket. If someone in your party changes name after the booking is made you must tell us immediately so that we can issue the ticket in the new name.
When you have paid the balance we will send you all the necessary labels so that you receive them in good time for your holiday. Certain travel documents may have to be retained by us and your driver/courier will then issue them to you at the relevant time. If you lose a travel document after it has been issued to you we will require you to meet the direct cost charged by the carrier/supplier for the issue of a duplicate or replacement.
Ian Colman Enterprises Ltd T/A IC Travel reserve the right to modify itineraries to conform with requests from the competent authorities in the United Kingdom and any other sovereign state through which the tour will operate. We recommend that you read the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advice about your holiday at www.fco.gov.uk.
Excursions which are included in the cost of your booking and are part of your package are detailed on the relevant brochure page and refunds will not be made for any excursion not taken. Optional excursions may be booked and paid for in resort but these will not form part of your booking.
Admission fees to buildings, grounds etc. are not included in the price of the package unless otherwise stated on the relevant brochure page.
- What happens if I am delayed?
Your travel insurance may cover you for some delays. In addition where you are delayed for more than six hours in any one day we will seek to minimise any discomfort and where possible, arrange for refreshments and meals.
- Do I need to take out travel insurance?
We strongly advise all our customers to take out travel insurance to cover medical and repatriation costs, personal injury, loss of baggage and cancellation charges. If you do not have adequate insurance and require our assistance during your package, we reserve the right to reclaim from you any medical repatriation or other expenses which we may incur on your behalf which would otherwise have been met by insurers.
- What assistance will you give me if things go wrong when it is not your fault?
In addition to what has already been stated (and without affecting that), if you, or any member of your party, suffer death, illness or injury whilst overseas arising out of an activity which does not form part of your package travel arrangements or an excursion arranged through us in the UK, we shall at our discretion, offer advice, guidance and assistance. Where legal action is contemplated and you want our assistance, you must obtain our written consent prior to commencement of proceedings. Our consent will be given subject to you undertaking to assign any costs, benefits received under any relevant insurance policy to ourselves. We limit the cost of our assistance to you and any member of your party to £5000 per party.
- Passengers with disabilities
We want to ensure the arrangements for your package are suitable and appropriate. Not all the packages in this brochure may be suitable for you and if we reasonably consider we cannot provide what is required, we will not accept the booking.
Should you or a member of your party have any medical condition or disability that may affect your/their holiday or that of other passengers, you must provide full written details to us at the time of booking so that we can advise you of the suitability of the holiday. This applies whether the booking is made on-line, in person, in writing, or by telephone. If a particular issue is identified, we reserve the right to request a doctor’s certificate confirming that the passenger is fit for travel and reserve the right to refuse any booking in the absence of such doctor’s certificate being produced upon request.
If a passenger requires personal assistance (for example but not limited to assistance with feeding/dressing/toileting/mobilising) then this passenger must travel with an able bodied companion/carer and written confirmation that such assistance will be provided for the entirety of the holiday is required at the time of booking. Coach drivers/tour managers are unable to offer such assistance.
Whilst we will make every reasonable adjustment to do so, if we are unable to accommodate the needs of a passenger or believe that the medical condition or disability of a passenger is likely to adversely affect other passengers, we reserve the right to decline the booking. We also reserve the right to cancel any holiday and impose cancellation charges if we are not fully advised of any relevant disability or medical condition at the time the booking is made and subsequently decide that we are unable to accommodate this passenger. This applies whether we advise that we are unable to accommodate a passenger either before departure or during the holiday and if this occurs during the holiday then we will seek the additional costs of returning the passenger home.
- Special requests
If you require a special diet please tell us before booking, or as soon as you are medically advised, and send us a copy of the diet. We will notify the hotel or hotels identified in your booking but please note that some hotels may not have facilities to provide special diets and we cannot be held liable for their failure to do so unless the hotel has confirmed in writing that a special diet will be catered for.
Where we think that a hotel is likely to be unable to cope with a special diet, we will tell you prior to your booking confirmation being issued so that you can exercise your right to cancel your package booking without charge. Any extra costs incurred by you during your package must be paid to the hotel by you prior to departure from the hotel.
You should also detail any other requests, for example, low floor rooms, particular rooms or locations on the special requests section of the booking form [or other method of confirming in writing that the request was made.] We will pass your request to the relevant supplier but this does not necessarily mean that your request will be fulfilled. If a request can be fulfilled you may incur an extra charge payable either to us or direct to the hotel. Please note that requests cannot be guaranteed unless we confirm on your booking confirmation that this is a guaranteed requirement.
- Single Occupancy
Where possible we offer single occupancy at no extra cost. These spaces are limited so if you are a single traveller you are advised to book early. Once our single room allocation has been sold, any additional single rooms will incur an additional supplement as charged by the accommodation provider.
Some of our hotels arrange additional entertainment. Where this is part of the package details are given on the respective brochure page. Where it is not specified it may still be available but is at the discretion of the hotel and is not guaranteed. It may be withdrawn if there is a lack of demand or for operational reasons.
- Data Protection Act
In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements we need to use the information you provide such as name, address, any special needs/dietary requirements etc.
We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper measures are in place to protect your information. We must pass the information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as hotels, transport companies etc. The information may also be supplied to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them, or as required by law.
Additionally, where your package is outside the European Economic Area (EEA), controls on data protection in your destination may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. We will not, however, pass information on to any person not responsible for part of your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities or dietary/religious requirements. If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we cannot provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons. Please note that where information is held by your travel agent, this is subject to your agent’s own data protection policy.
You are entitled to a copy of your information held by us. If you would like to see this, please contact us.
We retain your full contact details and other information in secure files and electronic storage facilities. We may use this information to contact you by mail, telephone or electronic means. We will provide you with details of other goods and services including those of selected third parties. If you do not wish to receive the further information about products and services [from either ourselves or third parties] please write to the data controller.
All our short breaks are subject to the Package Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tour Regulations 2018. All payments include an insurance premium for your financial security and you will be issued a certificate upon booking. This is the protection required by EEC Directive 90/314/EC and fully safeguards customers’ money in the event of the insolvency of, or non-performance by, the tour operator.
In January 2009, new legislation came into force which prevents tour operators from selling holiday travel insurance unless they are authorised by the Financial Services Authority to do so. For small businesses such as ours, the costs of becoming authorised outweigh the benefits. Unless you have your own comprehensive travel insurance, you may be affected by the new regulations, as we will no longer be able to arrange your travel insurance.
We strongly recommend that you obtain insurance cover for holidays. Please ensure that your insurance is effective for the period between booking and the holiday departure date as well as for the duration of the holiday itself.
Please note that IC Travel is not able to sell, or to make recommendations about, any holiday insurance policies.
Travelling to other EC Countries
It is strongly recommended that each person travelling to other EC Countries obtains and carries a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). The EHIC entitles you to reduced cost, and sometimes free, health treatment under the same terms as people resident in the country that you are visiting.
Application forms for the European Health Insurance Card can be obtained from Post Offices or you can apply on-line at www.dh.gov.uk/travellers
The EHIC is not a substitute for travel insurance. Since it may not cover all health costs and never covers repatriation costs in the event of illness or injury, you are advised to take out travel insurance cover in addition to the EHIC. State-provided treatment in some EC Countries may not cover all treatments that you would expect to receive free of charge from the N.H.S.
Further information, including a full list of countries covered, along with details of their health care schemes, can be found in the booklet “Health Advice for Travellers” which is also available from Post Offices. It is strongly recommended that you take this booklet with you when you travel, as it also tells you what to do if treatment does become necessary during your visit.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR PASSPORT AND EHIC ARE IN-DATE
FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR HOLIDAY.
How to Book Your Holiday
Please read carefully
(i) To book your holiday, telephone IC Travel on Norwich (01603) 868680 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. 7 days a week to confirm availability. A provisional booking will be made. Specific coach seats are not reserved unless any are requested but you will be seated together where possible.
(ii) The booking will not be confirmed until you have completed and returned your booking form together with your payment for the deposit. If the booking form and deposit are not received within fourteen days of the date on which the provisional booking was made, then the provisional booking will be cancelled.
(iii) When we receive your booking form and deposit payment, we will confirm your booking. Our written acceptance of the booking creates a contract between you and IC Travel. An invoice, showing details of the holiday price, amount paid and the balance owing, will also be sent to you at this time. This invoice will be due for payment no later than 90 days before the departure date. Final details, including an itinerary will be sent to you between one and two weeks before your trip.
(iv) Six weeks prior to the departure date of a holiday, an evaluation is made to determine whether the number of people who have booked is considered to be sufficient to make the tour financially viable to operate, (with or without those who have booked agreeing to pay a supplement), or whether the tour is to be cancelled. Early booking will therefore help to ensure that the holiday goes ahead as planned and it will give you a better opportunity to reserve your choice of seat(s). Therefore, whenever possible please book your holiday at least eight weeks prior to the date of departure.
We have a number of local departure points for all trips. These include Taverham, Drayton, Costessey, Thickthorn services, Attleborough, Dereham and Wymondham – dependent upon trip destination.
*Please note that ‘Day Trip’ is used for those trips leaving Norwich and returning within the same day/24 hours, without an overnight stay. The term ‘Short break’ is used for any excursion with at least one overnight stay.
The DPA & GDPR May 2018
We and this website complies to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) which comes into affect from May 2018. We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK’s exit from the European Union.
Website Visitor Tracking
This website uses Google Analytics tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computers hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Contact & Communication With Us
Users contacting this us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information through a mailing list system. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
External Website Links & Third Parties
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites)
Shortened URL’s; URL shortening is a technique used on the web to shorten URL’s (Uniform Resource Locators) to something substantially shorter. Users should take caution before clicking on shortened URL links and verify their authenticity before proceeding.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Policy & Usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page.